Sign in to follow this  
arno

Animate TUT for (beginners)

Guest Christian DK

Hi,Im looking for a very simple TUT, on how to animate in GMAX. Its not easy to animate in GMAX i know, but a step by step guide.Chris DK

Hi Chris,Animating in Gmax is actually quite simple. There are two types of animation that are recognized in FlightSim, translation (which is moving objects around on screen) and rotation. That should allow you to do quite a lot with animation, though. If you want to learn the basics of animating, just open the tutorials that came with Gmax and one of the first lessons is how to animate an object. If you don't have the tutorials installed just download them from http://www.discreet.com/ and install and then work through them. It's the easiest way I know of to get started. Then once you understand keyframe animation, you can ask more FS-specific questions and I'm sure someone will be happy to help.thanks,

Bill Womack

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Visit my FS Blog or follow me on Twitter (username: bwomack).

Intel i7-950 OC to 4GHz | 6GB DDR3 RAM | Nvidia GTX460 1gb | 2x 120GB SSDs | Windows 7 Ultimate 64Bit

Guest Christian DK

Hi,Okay, now im with you, i can use the animate functions in Gmax. Sometimes ago someone told me that i could not use the animate functions in GMAX. He told me that i could draw the object and then save, then move a bit and save in another name (E.G. object_2). And then use another program to make the movement smooth.The only thing i cant do in GMAX is control the movement, ( NAV1 or so)ThanksChris DK

Hi,For control movement with for example the NAV1 take a look at my CAT tool (available from my website, link in my signature). On my site there is also a animation tutorial about gates, maybe that will help you also.

Arno

If the world should blow itself up, the last audible voice would be that of an expert saying it can't be done.

FSDeveloper.com | Former Microsoft FS MVP | Blog