Sign in to follow this  
Guest tasnvs

Ground2K Grid Query

Guest tasnvs

I am using Ground2k to re-do some coast in New ZealandI have found that the grid lines move when you move from ordinary to LC or WC What am I doing wrong?See pic

Hello tasnvs,as I know, you do nothing wrong.The landclass tiles don't fill out exactly one area (gridbox). They are rather centered around the crossings of area gridlines. Therefore you don't have 256x256 landclass tiles but 257x257 tiles instead. Ground2k just shows you these 257x257 lines in landclass mode.There should be some overlapping between row 257 and row 1 of the next cell, but I cannot exactly describe that behaviour.Hope it helps,Edgar

Hi tasnvs.To add to what Edgar has written, landclass and waterclass values are assigned to the verticies of the LOD13 areas, not to the 'body' of the area. At runtime, the sim blends the assignments towards the center of the areas.The offset of the grid helps to visualize the vertex from which this blending spreads in all directions... it's area of influence, which is 1/2 area offset.I believe mesh also behaves the same way in that we are assigning altitude to the verticies, not the areas betwen the verticies.Dick

Guest tasnvs

Edger and Dick Thanks for your quick reply.So alls well. Great program.First time I have tried anything like thisAm re-doing a full area by deleting the HP file in the basicscenery and then redoing the coast and rivers.Cheers tasnvs