Sign in to follow this  
arno

No joy with FSREGEN helipad.

Guest ptwaugh

Hey,Got everything setup per directions, export fine, 3 textures to be updated found fine, compiles fine in FSREGEN, then in FS9, no joy.Crash detect is on, using latest makemdl.exe.Here's what I'm doing in GMax:- Create a plane object and convert it to editable mesh. - Give it a material named "landable1" (etc. there are 3)- Set specular color to pure red, blue, or green (255,0,0 for example.- Set specular level to 100.- Save & Export with Keep files set.- Open the asm file with FsRegen.- Select each material in step 2 in turn.- Select "Landing Area" in step 3 and click on parameters. Set the altitude to 3209 (also tried the FS option).- On step 4 process the material.- Save and Compile.that's it. No joy. Ideas???Thanks, Patrick

please clarify "no joy". YOu didn't say you had called the fsregen file...perhaps you should remind me what you are trying to do. Most folks use fsregen to make a library bgl file. This doesn't show up on its own. The parts must still be called in a simple api macro file, which is often part of an airport or fssc project.Bob B

Guest ptwaugh

Sorry, left that part out didn't I? =)I'm creating 3 landable surfaces that are elevated (helipads).I must however be doing something wrong. FSREGEN processes the file fine, then I move it to the proper FS scenery directory and restart FS9, but the scenery (pad) is still not solid.

I think you can better specify an altitude of 0 for your surface in FsRegen. From what I have seen this altitde is an offset from the plane you have defined in GMax. So if you set the altitude to 0 it will at up right at the location of that plane.

Arno

If the world should blow itself up, the last audible voice would be that of an expert saying it can't be done.

FSDeveloper.com | Former Microsoft FS MVP | Blog