Sign in to follow this  
spotlope

Objects Not where they supposed to be!!

Guest mothergoose

Friends, I have generated a scenery file where I ran down the GPS co-ordinates for my immeadiate neighborhood. (Wanted to over fly my home). After I completed the file (in fssc) compiled it and all that junk I decided to take a test flight.. Well my scenery is currently displaced into a local bayou.. not by much, but enough to know that something isn't right. HELP!!Mark+

Mark, check the answer I gave to your other thread. GPS coordinates never line up in the fs world, due to the impact of projections.Bob B

Guest mothergoose

Bob, So then what does one do to make things fit into that nice square hole? Mark+

uhh...not sure what "square hole" you are referring to. I'd download an aerial photo of your airport. I strongly recommend a free utility (USA photomaps) provided by doug cox, see it at:http://jdmcox.com/This will automatically download and stitch together aerial orthoquad photos from usgs.Below is an example of the quality you get from this imagry...this is harvey field. You can take an image like this and put it into fssc as a "background" image. http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/44646.jpghttp://forums.avsim.net/user_files/44647.jpgThen when you work in fssc, the image is only a backdrop, not part of your scenery. Its like a placemat, you can drop your buildings onto the image of buildings.Here's the image above imported into fssc:http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/44651.jpgGood luck!Bob Bernstein

That is without a doubt one of the coolest utilities I've ever seen! I wish I had known about it before I started work on KRDG. Thanks a million Bob for pointing it out. This one thread has made my whole day worthwhile!thanks,

Bill Womack

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Visit my FS Blog or follow me on Twitter (username: bwomack).

Intel i7-950 OC to 4GHz | 6GB DDR3 RAM | Nvidia GTX460 1gb | 2x 120GB SSDs | Windows 7 Ultimate 64Bit

I agree, that's how I feel too when I reflect on the effort I used to put out to mosaic these images, Plus the fact that I never was getting the 1m/pixel resolution before. I should send doug cox some funds...Bob Bernstein

Yeah, I bit the bullet this morning and sent him some big American bucks. Small price to pay for such a great utility. I'd gladly pay someone that much or more to get back the time I've spent building the mosaics by hand.

Bill Womack

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Visit my FS Blog or follow me on Twitter (username: bwomack).

Intel i7-950 OC to 4GHz | 6GB DDR3 RAM | Nvidia GTX460 1gb | 2x 120GB SSDs | Windows 7 Ultimate 64Bit