Sign in to follow this  
Holger

Scenery

Guest sfgiants13

Now, I've got some programs like AFD, EOD, and so on. I've been trying to find info, but haven't found any. Can anyone point me in the right direction for scenery design? I know pretty much nothing.

Its a big topic, and much has been written. I'd spend time surfing this forum. I'd also download Flight Sim Scenery Creator, FSSC. Its a good freeware scenery design utility. With it, you can place a runway, make taxiways, and even place macro objects. You say you have EOD, get good at it, then you can put your own objects at your airport.Other aspects of design involve decorating the grounds, changing roads, rivers, perhaps using photographs of the ground instead of the textures from the default. Animations are cool, effects add fun, ...These can all be treated as "addons" to the basic design work you do using a utility like fssc. Learn that first.You may in time dispense with FSSC altogether, but I think learning to make your own version of an airport teaches you much that forms a good foundation for additional learning later.A wise man once said that if you focus on everything, you focus on nothing.Bob Bernstein

Guest sfgiants13

Ok, thanks. But when I place objects, it all looks like a bunch of lines, and its all confusing. I'll post if I have any more questions.