Sign in to follow this  
arno

Textures question

Do you mean that it is a bit blury at the far end or more the general look?The first is probably due to your mipmap settings, if you use Fs2004 you can adjust it in step.The last is mainly due to the texture mapping.

Arno

If the world should blow itself up, the last audible voice would be that of an expert saying it can't be done.

FSDeveloper.com | Former Microsoft FS MVP | Blog

I mean the blury at the far end. Can I use DTXbmp to adjust the mipmap settings ?Thanks

Not sure, I only use ImageTool. But I think it is a problem with your display settings in FS, not with the texture.

Arno

If the world should blow itself up, the last audible voice would be that of an expert saying it can't be done.

Indeed,I had my mip settings at 4. Pushing them to 8 got rid of the bluriness. Would anybody know what the default is ?Thanks

I think that depends on what you like. A high setting makes the textures less blury, but on the other hand also makes the view in the distance look more unstable. So I guess it depends on your personal taste. I prefer a setting of 5 or 6.

Arno