Sign in to follow this  
wsieffert

Reversed ILS Problem

Guest Steve G

I designed scenery for FS2002 and FS2004 using Airport 2.6One of the main runways, 1L / 19R have ILS settings using the same frequency. When I use the scenery files in FS2002, the ILS reads correctly for each runway. The ILS indicator works correctly in the cockpit. But when I use the same scenery files in FS2004, the ILS are now reversed,showing the opposite identifier information and reversing the indicator. In the past I seem to recall an exclude file that was not large enough to "cover" the default navaids. But the exclude files I used seem big enough. I have tried enlarging them substantially with no correction of the problem.Thanks for any ideas. Steve

Excludes in Fs2004 don't remove the default ILS, so maybe they are wrong in the default scenery and you are seeing that ILS info and not the one you define?

Arno

If the world should blow itself up, the last audible voice would be that of an expert saying it can't be done.

FSDeveloper.com | Former Microsoft FS MVP | Blog

This problem cannot be solved until further information is available on how MS handles this situation. Since many default airports use this type arrangement, it can be done. It may be MS has used additional keys/flags to program this function.If you build a new airport using AFW or FSSC, with a runway using the same ILS frequency at both ends, it will work in FS2002 but not FS2004. It seems to ignore one of the ILS's totally and makes it use the opposite ILS as a backcourse localizer.In fs2002, the ILS were controlled in separate ILS *.bgl files that could be decompiled with various decompilers. In fs2004, the ILS are in the varied *.bgl files. AFCAD211 is the only program that can read the files and it cannot do the ILS function yet.W. Sieffert