Sign in to follow this  
Guest JoeW

XML files wont compile

Guest JoeW

I have two file done in XML. One works.... I just copied that from the doc and changed the coords in notepad. It places an Oil rig in Puget sound. This is that file:<?xml version="1.0"?>I copied that and opened that file in XMLEdit Pro and changed the scenery object and the coords. It doesn't compile. And the program is adding things into the file.<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="no"?>Is the item... keeping it from compiling? I took that out and it still doesn't compile.Will the program (BGLComp)compile either XML or txt?Will the payware program Garresh mentioned, check the syntax?( Pullin my hair out)Joe W.

Guest EMT_Dave

Joe looking at your second xml code example, you can get rid of a few things, mainly the encoding="UTF-8" standalone="no"?, that is not needed, as is the element. Looks like your editor is adding some additional lines to your xml file. BGLComp I believe will only compile .xml files, and not .txt, so when you save your docs, make sure that you save them as .xmlHope this helps.DaveNREMT-B

Guest JoeW

Nope.... It compiles txt files also....This is what it wanted:<?xml version="1.0"?>You are also right about that stuff.... Looks like I'll be taking that program off the HD... Don't need something that adds to my problems!Also......The oil rig compiles nicely.. But I can't get anything elase to show. I think the files that have the surefix LDM are " Location Dependent Macros" but . I can't get a hanger to show. All hangers in the SceneryObjects file are spelled "Hangars" I wonder if that will keep them from showing. Also.... What scenery folder are these supposed to be placed... the oil rig shows nicely in the scenerygenericscenery folder.. But I wonder if that why nothing else shows...Joe W.

Guest EMT_Dave

Cool that the compiler will accept .txt files, saves a lot of headaches. Thanks for the heads up. HANGAR is the correct spelling. As for scenery file placement, I just placed my new bgl files in the sceneryaddonscenery folder. I have run into a few problems with objects not showing, Im sure I thick fingered something in the xml code.

Guest JoeW

>Hi Joe.>>The XLS list of objects Microsft gives in the SDK is wrong.>>That list is a list of all the objects MS ever added to any of>it's sims ( back to FS98 ).>>Many are not included in FS9.>>See this post:>>http://forums.avsim.net/dcboard.php?az=sho..._id=16089&page=>>DickThats about what I expected. Where can one get a list of the objects that are just in FS9? The list that is on that post have no names that you can tell what they are.I'm sure this is going to easier when we get it all sorted out.Joe W.

Guest jsvw2001

Joe,Scroll down to the posting of Rhumbaplappy on 21/12 and you will find a HTML file alpha-sorted and ready for select and paste into XML for FS9.Sorry, the name is Rhumbaflappy .....Johan

Guest JoeW

Got it, Saved to Desktop. You guys allways seem to be about 20 feet in front of me. ThanksInstalled the evaulation copy of XMLSpy yesterday. Seems to be a good program, If I can figgure it out.Joe W.