Sign in to follow this  

Gentlemen,Using FSDS2.4, is there a way to create a row of lights such as in a tower? I've tried using textures with limited success. Thanks.

Happy landings,

Mike Eppright (KAAO)

Guest Larry S

Not sure I understand what your doing, I can be a little dense sometimes.For a row of lights, create a small sphere, 1 to 3 ft in diameter. Go to properties, and for part name hit browse. For category pick lights. Make it a light_nav or light_strobe. Whatever color you make it is the color the light will be. Then copy and paste it in the row you need. Hope that was what you were looking for.

That may point me in the right direction. Thanks. We have a tall TV tower here in Kansas City that FSCOF ommitted. Its an aframe type of tower that at night has the aframe lined with lights. Last night, I was close but need to get lights to show at dawn/dusk/night but not during daylight. I seem to be able to get either dusk or night but not both. The adventure continues.

Happy landings,

Mike Eppright (KAAO)

Guest Jim

Use the "DARK" condition. This will display the lights at dusk, night, and dawn.Jim

Guest gorchi

Mike,just a comment. For every light You should make a part. In FSDS V1.x You could make a part made of dots, name it as light_beacon and You could have 60 lights if YOu wish. In FSDS V2.x, You must make ever source of light as own part. The source of light is origin point of the part, the colour of light is diffuce color in material properties.Best regards,Goran BrumenFS Slovenija 2002 teamhttp://slovenia.avsim.net

Goran,Thanks, through trial and error, I figured out what you are saying. Finally, I prevailed and succeeded with my project. It is a Eiffel tower looking tv tower that at night is lined with lights. Finally was able to light it successfully and learned some periprial points on FSDS at the same time. It took perserverance but in the long run will prove of great value to my scenery development. Thats why I stay in touch with forums such as this.Happy holidays,

Happy landings,

Mike Eppright (KAAO)