Sign in to follow this  
nudata

Using BGLCOMP for XML ?

Very basic problem..I tried to run the Chelan.xml file in the SDK through BGLCOMP. Drag-drop or run withcommand line (chelan.xml) I get the same result. That is - the small black screen flashes very quickly. If I use any non-xml file I see the same thing thus I believe, for some reason, the process is never beginning.I downloaded the various XML items from Microsoft including msxml4msms.exe as well. I placed the results of msxml4msms.exe in the BGLCOMP SDK folder. This folder contains the chelan.xml file.Dick Boley @KLBE

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Hi Dick.I went here:http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details...&DisplayLang=enWhat you need is the MSXML version 4.0 'msxml.msi' file ( MicroSoftInstaller = MSI ):http://download.microsoft.com/download/9/6...1629c/msxml.msiDouble-click the download and it will install this version of XMLon your computer.I don't know what 'msxml4msms.exe' is.. but it doesn't need to be with bglcomp and the xsd file.Dick

Dick,If you want to see what those messages are, you can run the programs using the "command prompt". This will require you to change directories and type in the file name, etc. but you will get to see all of the output. Not sure if there is a way to keep the DOS window from slamming shut when running from Windows.Phil

In the Windowssystem32 directory, you will find a file "cmd.exe". Copy this file to where your bglcomp.exe is. Then double click on "cmd.exe" and it will open the 'DOS box' in the correct directory. This box wiil remain open and you can even scroll up or down.This is for XP, but I think it will also work for 98/ME, etc.RegardsJohan