Sign in to follow this  
wsieffert

Newbie here needs some help please!!

Guest Mac_Attack

Hi everyone, for the past couple of days i have been trying to make my own scenery and airport. I am using afcad to make the airport and gmax to build some of the buildings. I can get them to show up where i want them to in fs but i have a couple of problems. I dont know how to make the ground level so the runway isnt in mid air some parts and undergound in other parts. Also how can i edit the ground textures to how i want them to look for my airport? Any help would be greatly appreciated.Thanks,Evan

Guest stevenroyals

Hi EvanI use Ground2k4 to make the ground textures around the airport. you can also put in roads parking lots, grass areas etc.To make the airpot flat and therefore have everything sitting at ground level, you need to put in a flatten area. I use the program, Airport for Windows to put in a flatten area. You might also be able to do it using Ground2k4 but I'm new to this particular program and am not sure if you can or not.ThanksSteve

Guest Mac_Attack

Thanks for the information guys.

While I didn't use Steve's earlier or latest flatten utility, I made a narrow flatten for the new runway 17L/35R at KMCO. Prior to making the runway with AFCAD2XX, I noticed the ground had berms and valleys. I laid the runway without a flatten. As the aircraft landed, it floated over one section of the runway, so I knew I needed a flatten.My first flatten encompassed the entire area, just like MS does when they lay down an airport. Hmmm, I thought that looked kinda "FLAT", so I kept narrowing the flatten until I got it for just the area I needed.Watching an aircraft taxi off the runway to the taxiways and observing ground contours is interesting. It makes the airport look more real. Too bad the rest of the airport looks so flat!!W. Sieffert