Sign in to follow this  
G.Franco Corrias

Approach legs

Anybody has an approach leg example to show me.I have no idea how the approach leg should be compiled since the BGLCOMP content doesn't explain clearly how a SID/STAR may be converted in XLM file.Thanks

Guest nikonf2

Have a look in this dokumentlook at page 206-216www.ecacnav.com/files/iss3_0.pdfAF = DME arc to a fixCA = Course to an altitudeCI = Course to interceptCD = Course to a DME distanceCF = Course to a fixCR = Course to a VOR radialDF = Direct to a fixFA = Course from a fix to an altitudeFC = Course from a fix to a distanceFD = Course from a fix to a DME distanceFM = Course from a fix to a manual terminationHA = Holding/Racetrack to an altitudeHF = Holding/Racetrack to a fixHM = Holding/Racetrack to a manual terminationIF = Initial fixPI = Procedure turn to interceptRF = Radius arc to a fixTF = Track to a fixVD = Heading to a DME distanceVA = Heading to an altitudeVM = Heading to a manual terminationVI = Heading to InterceptVR = Heading to VOR radial

Thanks for the example and the additional website.I have been watching the AI at KMCO where approaches are already available in the default. The AI seem to go to a waypoint for an ILS approach defined in the Approach line, in your case:The remainder of the data is ignored by AI, since ATC is controlling.I believe the remainder of the approach statements (elements) are used by the GPS to display and control approaches for the player aircraft.I tried setting up an actual approach for a new runway at Orlando International (KMCO) airport using the BGLCOMP schema but the AI didn't go the proper point until I made the first line the point I wanted them to start at for the approach.W. Sieffert