Sign in to follow this  
Guest Barney1

BGLCOMP Error

Good morning,Taking some time of AFCAD I downloaded the BGLCOMP from Microsoft more ftom curiosity to see some staff about XML.After reading the SDK I tryied to make bgl the exmple in the SDK document but nothing happend, I figured I have made something wrong so I tryied to make bgl the two xml which are in the directory Chelan.xml and MortonWa. All three attempts at dos promt gane the following error.INTERNAL COMPILER ERROR C1003: Failed to create MSXML object! (0x80040154)Parsing document: Chelan.xmlERROR C2470: Unrecoverable error parsing XML!ERROR C2006: Parse failed (0x80004005)ERROR C2003: Failed to process file: Chelan.xmlAny Ideas? I have installed to teh default directory c:programfiles... The Bglcomp.xsd is in the same directory. I have also unmarked Read Only in the files properties but nothing :(Chris

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

I get the identical error messages as the first person who began this thread. I read the doc's and indeed checked for those *.dll files. They are loaded with FS2004 and reside in the main folder.Deciding that the SDK perhaps now includes updates to those files, I d/l the requisite files from MS and over-wrote those that were initially installed with FS. They appear to be the same size, dates, etc. I still get the same error message(s) when attempting to compile an *.xml file. I have tried the test file suggested within the doc's plus the examples provided with BGLC itself. Same results.It should be noted that I use BGLC for FS2002 without problems, and can compile *.bgl files via Scasm.exe for FS2002 and FS2004 in a DOS environment so I'm fairly sure the syntax is not in question; however, perhaps I'm missing something in which case, could someone post a full example just to ease my mind.

Being a stubborn cuss, I went back to the MS download site and got a copy of msxml.msi. Not sure why, but after installation of this, and re-try compiling *.xml files, all seems OK now!