Sign in to follow this  
Guest Hagar

Ground 2k4 and FS2004 airport grass layer

Guest Hagar

I want to remove the default grass at the airport and draw in my own. But in order to exclude it, I need to know the layer number...which I can`t find in the Ground2k4 documentation. Anyone?

Guest Hagar

Thanks :)Worked like a charm. I was afraid it would remove the airport 3D scenery since layer 7 is "polys/bridges", but it looks like my exclude only removes the horrible default bridges and autogen, and now the airport layer.

The airport buildings are not affected by an VTP exclude, because they are not part of the mesh scenery. Only VTP polygons and lines are affected (like the bridges, which are VTP lines). You need a other type of exclude for the airport objects.

Arno

If the world should blow itself up, the last audible voice would be that of an expert saying it can't be done.

FSDeveloper.com | Former Microsoft FS MVP | Blog

Guest Hagar

Thanks for the extra info. Then I can feel safe it won`t exclude my own 3D models. I have another question: The Ground 2k4 manual talks a lot about making new land...which I did with success, using a LWM poly and drawing the coastline in the same operation. It doesn`t say much about drawing water. How about making a fjord/wanting water where land is? I have already made a LWM poly with water, and it covers the land, and I have to draw the new coastline on top of the land line. Is this the right method, or is it possible to also draw this one in one operation, like drawing land?Or should I change the area landclass to water, then draw the coastline/land, and let the "land to the right" fill in the land again? Just wondering which method is the most economic regarding frame rates, etc...for example many small water masks...or one big one...?Oh well thats enough questions for now :)