Sign in to follow this  
G.Franco Corrias

BGLCOMP SDK.... Library Objects.xls??

Hi everyone, I have noted the Library Objects.xls file... it contains the GUID for all the BGL objects.I have had success in placing the Boeing Field tower at the default SeaTac location but have had hit and miss with other FS2004 BGL objects.I am also interested becuase the .xls file lists the GUID for CFS2 stock BGL library! Have had no luck by placing a Zero or SBD anywhere. :( Anyone also run into this problem??

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Hi James.We had a thread about that in December. CFS2 and FS98 objects are on that list.The FS98 and CFS2 objects are not present in FS9.MS just gave out a list of everything they have ever done.... another example of the SDK writers not having any design experience, or any experience with FS9. Many FS9 objects cannot be placed anywhere except in a very restricted geographic area, and shouldn't be on the list, either.The CFS2 Library object BGLs can be added with the Scenery Library, and they can then be used.We cannot place the older style Library objects with BGLComp. The older objects can be placed with our older methods.There is no way to convert older Library objects to the new format. I don't know if they can be "attached" to a new gmax MDL... but that might be an interesting test. But many conditional placement options we had with Library objects are limited by the new format ( including BusyObjects movement ). So, you are probably better off just placing the older Library objects in the old fashion. I wouldn't worry about compatibility with FS10, as everything could change again. Dick

their are some that will work...for instances the lighthouses, crane. i have played with and did notice it..but thats because of what Dick says about their restriction to geographical areas.I do wish their was an easier way of telling which will work and which ones wont besides trying each one out. I dont really bother with the ones with airport abbriviations in front of them.also as far as fs10..lol....it would be nice if they just leave the format as it is or at least make it easier to learn before change formats again...but i guess we will have to wait and see

Hi James.I did try to "attach" a CFS2 Library object to a new FS9-style object. It doesn't work. The BGL will compile, attaching the GUID correctly, but as it isn't the new format, it won't show.If you decide to use CFS2 objects, some of the textures will be found in the main CFS2texture folder, rather than the library's texture folder... so you'll need to copy them to where they belong for FS9 to use them.Dick

Hi,speaking about FS9 object library, I noticed that very few Objects are installable everywhere.The major part are geographically lockedeven the anonymous objects too.I do hope that nobody wants install Washington Pentagon in Nairobi(Africa)or Westminster Cathedral in Pechino(China).All anonymous objects,I think, should be geographically free.Actually are free only all objects included into FS9/scenery/gen/texture and FS9/autogen/default.If you have some other place to get such objects you're welcome.Just for instance try to put somewhere else but NAMW "Checker_hangar"(not I think very important world monument) copying into your choosed location folder,wherever you want the object to appear, the related texture "Checker_hangar".