Sign in to follow this  
Guest luissa

Photo scenery black lines

Hi Ive just installed some new photo scenery and basically where each photo texture is there is a black line around it.Interestingly though it only seems to display like this on my Nvidia card where ATI users dont seem to have this problem.I think the textures were saved in DXT1 format. Would they being in DXT3 format make any difference at all?Im using the newest nvidia drivers but even when I went down a few revisions it still didnt seem to make a difference.Any idea?Ive read some posts on here about black lines and that the positioning of the texture had to be correct etc but then they wouldnt display ok on ATI cards either I guess if that was the case.ThanksCraig

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Hello,There are 2 ways known to me to generate photo scenery. One is using the MS Resampler with the CUSTOM option. Another is to draw squared VTP2 polygons. In the first case Resampler produces the BGL, eg the placing of the bitmaps. I did not use this method too much. In the second case you can control the extents of the polygon. May be you could set your squares to overlap and relay on what is referred to as the "clipping" function of FS9 to avoid visible overlapping. But in this case your bitmaps needed to be prepared in a similar way. This is very tedious to investigate and the available information is reduced ...Facts: using method 2 described above with bitmaps produced by the MS Resampler I did notice, on ocasions, a small black edge that appeared and disappeared based on the distance (mip mapping in action). The effect was very light that I decided not to worry about it. I do not know if it depends on graphic cards as you suggest.Regards, Luis