Sign in to follow this  
Guest leon louis

Help please to get rid of default ridiculous scarp yard objects....

Guest leon louis

Hello eveyone. I would like to do a new version of St. Donat Airport, CSY4, in the Qu

Have you tried to use an VTP exclude? It could very well be that the bridges have been made with VTP lines and these can not be removed with a normal exclude.

Arno

If the world should blow itself up, the last audible voice would be that of an expert saying it can't be done.

FSDeveloper.com | Former Microsoft FS MVP | Blog

Guest leon louis

Thanks for your answer Arno,But, I have no idea what a VTP exclude is, never heard of it.I am very puter illeterate. The simplest tutorials confuse me.Thsnkd for caring.L

You could try to use DefArea, it is a little tool that can make such excludes for you. It takes the position from your plane in FS, so very easy to use.VTP are just the mesh elements of the scenery, like the default grass at airports. These can also not be removed with a normal exclude.

Arno

If the world should blow itself up, the last audible voice would be that of an expert saying it can't be done.

Guest leon louis

Thanks ever so much Dick, that worked like a dreamEverything is perfect now.I wanted to install an inn there as I am told there is one in real life.I will add a plaque in your honor to commemorate your participation in depolluting this nice lake. loll excuse my EnglishCan you pass along a trick to keep that runway and apron from flashing, please if you know how? I could not get flatten areas to do the trickI can use afcad, can I rebuild or fix them in there?L

Hi Leon,How did you make those runways and polygons? Then we can probably solve that problem as well :).As Dick suggested you probably need a flatten under the area, but it could also be that you need to tweak the source a little bit (depends on how you made them).

Arno

Guest leon louis

Thank you for helping ArnoI have solved part of the problem. My field evelation was one foot off.I think this caused it since it is no longer flashing. So,I removed the f flatten.The runway however unrolls its carpet on final approach, both ends. With or whithout the flatten. Unless I am not putting the flatten in properly.The runway causing the problem is default, not my doing. Th apron and taxi-way that I modified/installed seem to be perfect.Thank you L

Guest leon louis

Hi,Here is a pict for you Dick.Hope you like it.L