Sign in to follow this  
Guest Larrycx

So where are the FS9 library objects?

Guest Larrycx

Hello all, I want to use the Gmax attach tool. It wants me to navaigate to the library in FS9. Where is it? My FS9 is at: F:Flight Simulator 9 .Larry Costa

You only need to navigate to a folder if you are attaching an effect -- in which case it is just the Effects folder you want.For attaching objects, just press Esc at the browse prompt.

Guest Larrycx

Thanks for the reply. I still want to know where the library objects live in the FS folders, they must exist someplace. I tried in Gmax to attach a sailboat from the stock library objects. I built a small box, converted to editaable mesh then went to tools-run script, navigate to my FS folder & hit esc. picked the attach object radio button & filled in the name and GUID from Library Objects.xls with copy-paste. No object appeared in Gmax just my box but the SDK says its like that. I exported it, plugged in the coordinates in the xml and compiled eith BGLcomp. Put the BGL into FSsceneryaddon scenery and found the box but no sailboat in FS.What am I doing wrong? could the box I built be enclosing the the entire sailboat? I thought the box was just a dummy object.Larry Costa

>What am I doing wrong? could the box I built be enclosing the>the entire sailboat? I thought the box was just a dummy>object.You didn't use Helpers/Dummy to make the box, but created a normal box, right?That's why your box is being displayed in FS... :)

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

There are generally two reasons why I get the placeholder showing up, rather than the library object:1. I forget to press the Attach Object! button;2. I've accidentally excluded library objects in the vicinity.

Guest Larrycx

Tried making a dummy object (only object in view) and attaching a stock library object via name and GUID. Seemed to attach OK in Gnax but on try export got msg..."Assertion Failedgmaxpluginsmakemdl.exeFile FS9sdktoolssourcemdlviewocttree.cppline 386Expression m_iLevelCnt > 0For info on hgow can cause assertion failure see visual C++ doc on asserts."I don't know anything re Visual C++ it says press retry to debug JIT must be enabled. I don't know from nothinge re: JIT.I'm about to give up on attaching a stock object and exporting in gmax. If I don't use a dummy I get the box thaty is supposed to be the attached object per the changed object name in Gmax.Larry