Sign in to follow this  

Guest Nortie

Being new to scenery design I have many questions, most of which I find answers to either here or just surfing the net, but this one has me stumped. A friend and myself are starting a new VA and with the help of FSSC and paients I have actually got a nice little spot just east of CYPR. My problem ? well I need a sign for the outfit and can't find ANY info anywhere on how to make one.. can anyone point me in the right direction please ?

Guest Chief_Parrothead

Well there are several different approaches I have used for my club signs. If you want a sign attached to a building, you could always alter the bmp for that side of the building to include your sign. What I do with PSP 7.0 is clear a rectangle on the bmp where I want the sign and then copy and past the sign design into that area.If you want to use a freestanding sign, there are some good billboard macros at AVSIM that have extended bitmap faces that can be altered in the same was as above. Just be sure to save the altered bitmap as the original name (bb001.bmp or whatever).If you want to actually create your own macro, I do those with FSDS or Nova. (Both are payware, but well worth the price, IMHO)You can then place these macros in the scenery with FSSC.

If you wish your sign to be the best resolution, easily readible...I would suggest you make your sign as a seperate object with a tool like gmax or fsds_v2. Gmax is free, the other costs something. A sign is the simplest thing in the world...just a box, which is one of the native objects in either proggy. I would make an image or adjust a photo, either way....that takes up most of a texture. This is the key difference between doing a sperate object and just painting the sign image into the building textures. When the sign image is made to fill a large number of pixels, the end result is high resolution in the sim.Let me know if you'd like help...this kind of work takes only minutes.Bob Bernstein