Sign in to follow this  
ShezA

Jetway number boards

Guest snowbird

Hi Fellas I'm installing Shehryar Ansari's Jetways at my home airport which has 97 gates. The number boards on top of the jetways go from 1 to 45, but I need them to go up to 97. In his "read me" file he says that you can manipulate the texture files to change the numbers. Have any of you done this or know how to go about changing the numbers. I would appreciate any help you can give me. Thanks Snowbird

I guess I should answer this :( . The numbers can only be manipulated if you want to use a paint program to amend the texture. However, the restriction is that the other numbers will change in the meanwhile.If anyone out there is interested I can put up the GMAX source files for the gates and users can manipulate to their hearts content....? Any demand for this?RegardsShez

Shez Ansari

Windows 11; CPU: Intel Core i7-8700K; GPU: EVGA GEFORCE GTX 1080Ti 11GB; MB: Gigabyte Z370 AORUS Gaming 5; RAM: 16GB; HD: Samsung 960 Pro 512GB SSD, Samsung 850 Pro 256GB SSD; Display: ASUS 4K 28", Asus UHD 26"

Yes, definitely Yes!Darn, I was hoping you were going to do all the work for FS2004! :-lolBTW, I opened FS2002 yesterday at KDCA where I have your scenery installed. Forgot how beautiful and detailed it is! Did you make all the buildings, METRO, etc. with GMAX?FS2004 has pretty good ground textures around the airport. However, placing new GMAX Scenery Library *.mdl files to replace the existing terminals would really enhance the look.W. Sieffert

I guess that means yes...:( OK standby, I will try and find them. Buried somewhere in the numerous archives.My own scenery creation is in neutral gear. At the moment I am madly updating my AI traffic from PAI to more fps friendly models. Amazing this AI, never got into it but I was blown away when I lined up at DTW 21R along with 19 aircraft! and there were a/c on 22L too! Real life flight plans too. Fantastic! Hence the quest to get the fps done and am all set to fly VATSIM with AI.Shez

Shez Ansari

Windows 11; CPU: Intel Core i7-8700K; GPU: EVGA GEFORCE GTX 1080Ti 11GB; MB: Gigabyte Z370 AORUS Gaming 5; RAM: 16GB; HD: Samsung 960 Pro 512GB SSD, Samsung 850 Pro 256GB SSD; Display: ASUS 4K 28", Asus UHD 26"

Guest DannyW

ShezA - would you consider making jetway macros with airline logos on side as used in USA? That would be cool to have United, NWA, Jetblue etc jetways.

Daniel,While I won't answer for Shez, but making a logo for every airline with the associated jetway would be prohibitive. At the moment, converting Shez's jetways to library objects results in the master jetway file size of approximately 1.5MB. Doing what you want would result in GB of files.I recommend you try making a simple logo in Gmax1.2 with the FS2004 Gmax exporter into a library object. Once you have the thin box, you can call the library object as many times as you want and place the box on the side of the jetways by assigning the LAT/LON, ALT, etc.W. Sieffert