Sign in to follow this  
Holger

Bulk replacement of Landclass Tiles

Guest Anthony_D

Hello All,I'm wanting to modify the landclass tiles in my Lancashire scenery with some more appropriate tiles for the area.To illustrate what I mean, I want to replace all instances of landclass tile 38 with that of landclass tile 119.Currently I'm using ground2k4 I the only way to replace these tiles is one at a time. I assume all the landclass values are stored in the .raw file rather than the .lvm file. If this is the case, would is be possible in notepad to access the .raw file and use "find and replace" to change all the required tiles?I've tried Lancdclass assistant for this job - but seem to be unable to import an existing .raw file. Would there be other programs out there that can help me with this job?Anthony

If you are sure the RAW file contains the landclass data you should be able to open it in a text editor and use find and replace. That is also how I modified my landclass files. I edited them in hex mode in a text editor.

Arno

If the world should blow itself up, the last audible voice would be that of an expert saying it can't be done.

FSDeveloper.com | Former Microsoft FS MVP | Blog

Howdy,The other option - in color :-) - is Russel Dirks' EZ-Landclass. Just set up a new project with the approximate coordinates of your area and then load the G2K4 produced .raw file via "import data". Once you've done the changes, save the project, copy and rename the project's .raw file to the G2K4 LC_* file name and replace it with the one inthe G2K4 folder. Next time you use G2K4 it'll use and update the new .raw file.Obviously, you need to have EXCEL for EZ-Landclass.Cheers, Holger

Guest christian

Adobe Photoshop.Christian

Guest Anthony_D

Hello Holger,Thanks for the tip, I've successfully used this program for generating the replacement .bgl file.The .raw file is another matter however. When I rename the .raw file to what ground2k4 used, the landclass information inside ground2k4 is still that of the original data. Within 'file parameters' I have the "use .raw general file" box ticked.To check that the .raw file has indeed been updated, I went to EZ Landclass and used 'import data' on the G2k4 raw file again and indeed the modified information has been updated.So, is ground2k4 somehow storing the landclass data in the lvm file without reading the raw file?RegardsAnthony Dyer

Guest luissa

Hi,With Paint Shop Pro you can open a raw file. You need to specify it as single channel (grey) and enter the rows and columns (most probably 257 x 257 )Regards, Luis

Guest luissa

Hi,With Paint Shop Pro you can open a raw file. You need to specify it as single channel (grey) and enter the rows and columns (most probably 257 x 257 )Regards, Luis

Hi Anthony,You're correct, G2K4 does indeed store your landclass edits in the .lwm file. This is one of the "problems" with G2K4 that it doesn't show the landclass values without clicking on each LOD13 section; that can be a pain when you need to hunt for incorrect choices - EZ-Landclass or LWMViewer can help with spotting the problem tile(s). Your choices are to (1) do the changes with one of the methods suggested here at the very end of your project and use the EZ-Landclass .bgl rather than the G2K4 version; or (2) open your G2K4 .LWM file in a text editor (e.g., Wordpad) and scroll down to section "0160". If you want to do bulk replacements, do a search and replace (careful that you don't end up in another section by mistake; make a backup copy of the .lwm first). Each landclass tile is on a separate line with the first two numbers representing the LOD8 Cell x/y, the next two the LOD13 Area x/y, and the fifth and last number being the landclass ID.Cheers, Holger