Sign in to follow this  
wsieffert

AFCAD & Gates

Guest Atunall

I designed a new AFCAD file for KSEA, but when I put it in, the default gates in MSFS dont line up with where I put the gates. This is a serious problem, I have gates scattered everywhere, and they don't line up with the docking guidance. Crap!Is there any way to -easily- integrate the Jetway Macros by Mr. Ansari into my scenery? Or any way to make sure the default MSFS9 gates line up?Any help would be appreciated,Andrew Tunall

You can not change the default gates very easy, so you would need to replace them and place some new ones on the position that align with your new AFCAD file.To remove the default gates you need to make an exlcude. You probably want to keep the rest of the terminal, so in that case you would have to make a small exclude around each gate.After that you need to put back the gates on the correct location. This can be done either with some XML code and the default MS gate. Or you could also use macros like the one you mention. In that case you also need a tool to place them of course.

Arno

If the world should blow itself up, the last audible voice would be that of an expert saying it can't be done.

FSDeveloper.com | Former Microsoft FS MVP | Blog

Since Shez and I reworked the jetways for FS2004, I recommend using them with XML vice the older API format. Download jetways2.zip.I don't envy anyone trying to exclude existing jetways and replacing them with new jetways. It is tedious enough adding jetways to terminals without existing jetways.The poster seems to have problems using the existing jetways and aligning the aircraft to them in AFCAD. I can only recommend using the FSUIPC.dll interface, slew to the appropiate jetway, adjust the location, and reset the jetway location in AFCAD. That will have to be done with the new jetways, as well.Tedious, very tedious!!!W. Sieffert

I agree it is a lot of work :).To me it seemed the origional question was not about aligning the AFCAD file with the existing gates, but that with his new (and hopefully better) AFCAD file he had problems in aligning the gates.To make the placement easier we should need a tool that allows you to slew around and then place the objects while slewing. I guess I need to update my ObPlacer tool to the XML code, as that could make it a bit easier to do.

Arno

If the world should blow itself up, the last audible voice would be that of an expert saying it can't be done.

FSDeveloper.com | Former Microsoft FS MVP | Blog

Guest Atunall

Yea, I designed a better AFCAD for KSEA, one that includes the United Express area, puts more gates in, some helicopter pads, and is pretty realistic based on current gate assignments at the airport. BUT, when I load up the AFCAD, then start FS9, I have all of these yellow lines that tell me to stop my aircraft here, but default MSFS9 gates that aren't lined up properly. I think those gates are autogen scenery, and pop there no matter what....So what you are saying is that I basically need to use the current terminal textures, put excludes around the old gates, then place new gates (the macros?) that line up with my AFCAD?This seems like a crapload of work, but I think we need a good KSEA scenery, so I am willing to do it.Thanks for the help,AJ

Not necessarily. The actual jetways are probably not autogen. I am sure they reside in one of the compiled scenery files for KSEA.I found a tool at http://www.projectai.com/ , Project AI AFCAD, FAQ. In the right panel, download from the General AI Resources, the Special Aircraft Model... by Hama. Install it in your Aircraft folder of the respective MSFS. Select the Hama aircraft to fly.While you are there, you might want to download the updated parking specs.txt file under FS2004 AFCAD heading. You might also be interested in some of their tutorial and help files.W. Sieffert