Sign in to follow this  
arno

Xml library objects and gmax exporting bug

Guest a.savarese

Hi, we've started making a xml library!!We use gmax, then export via fs20004 gamepack in fsscenery MDL , then put into great arno's tool xml library to build out bgl library file. During daylight, it's all ok, during night we can't see any kind if LM texture ( same daylight texture applied also during night), and then we loose our lights on the street light pole near our houses.During exporting we don't have anymore night texturing and lights to show. How's possible?thanks alotalex

Go back to GMAX and review if you added the _LM textures in the Material Editor as the Ambient Color. If not, then you have two choices:1. Open GMAX, load your *.gmax files, go to the material editors, and assign the _LM textures to the Ambient Color for each and every part like you did for the Diffuse Color. Save the project and export again.2. Open the MAKEMDL.CFG in your C:gmaxgamepacksfs2004plugins folder and add the following:[Options]Crash=0HasNightMap=1I also recommend setting the crash=0 if the user aircraft is going to get anywhere near your object. Otherwise, if the user aircraft enters the crash tree area, it will cause a building crash and reset the simulation. Export the file again and test that the night textures were compiled in the *.bgl and they appear in the Flight Simulation at night.I would download the updated FS2004_MAKEMDL_SDK for more information about other options. Below is a list that was provided some time ago:[Options] Debug=1 ViewLog=1 KeepErrorLog=1 Keep=1 I8=1 I=0 FullMat=1 Deffallback=1 WeldPoints=1 Optimize=0 Flatten=0 NoAnimate=0 HasReflectMap=0 HasNightMap=0 HasLightMap=0 HasDamageMap=0 NegateZ=1 NoLeftToRight=0 SwapBH=0 Vis=0 Crash=0 XML=0W. Sieffert

Guest a.savarese

ok, thank for your quick reply.What if i don't have any cfg in my C:gmaxgamepacksfs2004pluginsi've onlyFSModelExp.dlemakemdl.exemakemdl.partsi've seen i could put these setting also via makemdl program interface, but every time i close it i loose all these settings.alex

Make one with the following:[settings]LastDir=C:gmaxgamepacksfs2004pluginsSaveDir=C:gmaxgamepacksfs2004plugins[Options]Crash=0HasNightMap=1Some of the things in the FS2004_MAKEMDL_SDK doumentation may not work for FS2004, it was for FS2002.W. Sieffert

If you want to access the settings like we did in the Fs2002 gamepack you can also install MDLCommander. Then you get the screen back where you can just enable the checkboxes.But if you are using the same settings all the time the cfg file is probably easier.

Arno

If the world should blow itself up, the last audible voice would be that of an expert saying it can't be done.

FSDeveloper.com | Former Microsoft FS MVP | Blog