Sign in to follow this  
mgh

NEW AIRFIELD AND GPS

I've created a new airfield using AFCAD 2.21. The airfield is just a single grass runway with runway numbers, a centreline, and an AVGAS facilty. Everything is OK except that it is only visible in the GPS map at a zoom of 15nm or less although adjactent airfields are visible at 20nm and higher zooms. It is visible in the main FS map. It also appears in the GPS Nearest Airport list and shows the correct details when selected in this list and clicking the ENT button.Is this a FS characteristic or have I done something wrong?Thanks in advance

Guest rafaelds

It's a bug with AFCAD-generated BGLs.My workaround: create a BGL with AFCAD, decompile it with BGLXML, edit the source to remove the bogus data (will be some additional DeleteFrequency entries), then recompile with BGLCOMP (the SDK compiler).

I decompiled the .bgl file and removed all the commented-out lines including those relating to deleteFrequency.The GPS now shows my airfield at a range of 20nm (an improvement) but it disappears at a range of 35nm and greater as does another nearby stock airfield.Any further ideas, or is it now an MS bug?