Sign in to follow this  
Guest Frank Betts

NDB Macro

Guest Trojan Driver

Hello, i want to use the FS9 default NDB shack and dipole antenna in FSSC. i see that the tophat NDB antenna has been included in a pack of autogen macros on avsim...can anyone tell me how to use the other NDB shack?THanks in advanceThomas

What do you mean by the "other NDB shack"? If you want to use the FS2004 default NDB station, then you need to call it by its GUID.2fb72c664727290c20da70b983ee4c98or4808a0b04d43fc5620867d91fc8c6eb3How you do this in FSSC was discussed in another post in this forum or on the FSSC forum. Search for MACRO! The problem will be to write the correct macro to call the library object.If you are talking about calling an *.API style library object, I don't know the answer, since I don't use FSSC. In Airport for Windows, it is very simple to call an *.API style library object.Personnally, I feel it is easier to become familiar with the new style XML scenery programming to call the new XML style library objects. I recommend downloading and installing, SceneGenX - http://www.airportforwindows.com/ and the FS2004 Scenery SDKs - http://www.microsoft.com/games/flightsimulator/ . You can use a combination of compiled scenery *.bgls in the same folder to achieve your objective. Adding library objects is one such file. Download jetways2.zip, read the JetwaysHowTo.txt file for an example of placing multiple library objects in a separate file.W. Sieffert

Guest sapper42

You will need to generate the XML code and compile it and use the GUID for the NDB Shack to place the object.If you read the XL file in the SDK you will find the GUID for the NDB Shack.I think the GUID you need is 3ef3d3f94109fc9536ebb193c6586f8brgds Jeff

A macro like this should work fine:[tt]Area( 5 %1 %2 22 )PerspectiveCall( :OBJ )ShadowCall( :OBJ )Jump( : ):OBJmif( %11 )refpoint( 2 :END %4 %1 %2 E= %11 v1= %10 %13 %14 )melserefpoint( 7 :END %4 %1 %2 v1= %10 %13 %14 )mifendRotatedCall( :ROT 0 0 %5 )Return:ROTCallLibObj( 0 2fb72c66 4727290c 20da70b9 83ee4c98 ):ENDReturnEndA[/tt]I have entered the first GUID given in the post above, if you want to use the other object you should replace it in the CallLibObj command.I also agree with the comments that for the future it is probably better to learn the new tools and the XML code.

Arno

If the world should blow itself up, the last audible voice would be that of an expert saying it can't be done.

FSDeveloper.com | Former Microsoft FS MVP | Blog

Guest Trojan Driver

hello all.thanks for the help...i tried to install SceneGenX on my PC last night but i have a problem when i try to launch the program the oppening screen apears very quickly the dissapears and the program does not run. i cant seem to find a fix on my XP professional system....any other suggestions would be much appriceated.Thanks againThomas

Guest fame

Hi Thomas:Have you tried Airport for Windows Support?http://www.flightsimnetwork.com/cgi/dcforu...&conf=DCConfID1Flightsim.com is providing a Message Forum where users and developers can post questions, comments, suggestions, and bug reports that other users might want to know about.E-mail support:support@airportforwindows.com-or-airportsupport@cs.comGood LuckTom G, Sr.

Hi Arno,The other poster had a problem with the object appearing only if the Scene Density was placed at high levels. You recommended the following:IfVarRange( : 0346 %12 5 )Does your above MACRO take into account this problem?W. Sieffert

Humm, no. Then the macro would become:[tt]Area( 5 %1 %2 22 )IfVarRange( : 0346 %12 5 )PerspectiveCall( :OBJ )ShadowCall( :OBJ )Jump( : ):OBJmif( %11 )refpoint( 2 :END %4 %1 %2 E= %11 v1= %10 %13 %14 )melserefpoint( 7 :END %4 %1 %2 v1= %10 %13 %14 )mifendRotatedCall( :ROT 0 0 %5 )Return:ROTCallLibObj( 0 2fb72c66 4727290c 20da70b9 83ee4c98 ):ENDReturnEndA[/tt]

Arno

If the world should blow itself up, the last audible voice would be that of an expert saying it can't be done.

FSDeveloper.com | Former Microsoft FS MVP | Blog