Sign in to follow this  
afraj

A Question About Scenery Developement

I Have been a Sim user for quite a long time, and like a lot of people i am sick of waiting for other to make sceneries and sell them to me. i have decided to put some time into scenery making. but my question is where do i start. what software dont mind buying as long as it makes the job easier and get it done. I would like to make scenery from the ground up building my own buildings and all. So you guys feel free to drop me feedbackHere's my email alsoafraj@msn.com Best Regards Adib Afraj

Guest norbrook

Hi,A great start would be to use the search function in this forum. There are many many questions like yours...with answers!Good luck-n

Hello Adib,Welcome! Like you, we have set out to make the Flight Simulator world a little better, and are always glad to have new recruits to our ranks.If you want to start making buildings and other objects with which to populate your scenery, then you may as well give gMax a try. This program comes with your Flight Simulator disks. It is very powerful, flexible, easy-to-use in spite of what many think, and best of all, free!You will need to go to the Microsoft Flight Simulator Software Development Kit web site ( http://www.microsoft.com/games/flightsimul...wnloads_sdk.asp ) in order to get the specific export module for Flight Simulator - the MakeMDL SDK.While you are there, you may as well get a few of the other SDKs, such as the gMax Gamepack SDK, the BGLComp SDK and any other that you may find of interest.In addition, Microsoft had provided a gMax tutorial for Flight Simulator 2002. You can find it at http://www.microsoft.com/games/flightsimul...wnloads_sdk.asp .For any questions, please do not hesitate to ask here, as we are all quite happy to help.Best regards.Luis

Hi Adib, scenery design is so much fun...welcome to the fold. I enjoy being able to fly around my new work...like building anything and having it come to life.In addition to GMAX, which I agree is the most important tool to learn, I'd download AFCAD, by Lee Swordy. Its extremely useful, assuming you are designing for fs2004, letting you add runways, taxiways and tarmacs, with great line work.Have fun!Bob Bernstein

Thank you very much guys i will definitly use these posts for good results as soon as i get back from my vacation.Thank you