Sign in to follow this  
Guest ps76

Any way I can get fs2000 St. Barthelemy addon showing

Guest ps76

Hi,Just wondering if there's any easyish way to get this really nice looking freeware fs2000 Jorge Pagano St. Barthelemy scenery to start showing in fs2004. Even by today's standards it looks really nice!! (and it's freeware too)Check out these pics, would be a shame to see this nice little freeware scenery die..http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/84531.jpghttp://forums.avsim.net/user_files/84530.jpgThanks for any helpPierre

What happens when you load it into Fs2004? Most addons made for Fs2000 will still work (some small compatibility problems may always occur of course).So have you already tried it and found any trouble?

Arno

If the world should blow itself up, the last audible voice would be that of an expert saying it can't be done.

FSDeveloper.com | Former Microsoft FS MVP | Blog

Hello Pierre,I agree with you that this is great scenery, in my opinion, the best that has ever been done for Flight Simulator.Jorge has told me that he cannot adapt this package to present standards at the moment. So, you will have to use it as is.Please note that the default airport does not align with Jorge's rendering. Also, that the surrounding water is hard and does not match the color of the surrounding sea.This scenery was made with an earlier version of Misho Katulic's TerraBuilder and uses some rather outmoded techniques (although they were state-of-the-art at the time), so we cannot expect it to be supported in any future version of Flight Simulator.I have been working on numerous versions of St. Barth, including one where I use Jorge's wonderful bitmaps as the ground. If I ever get around to finishing this project, I shall let you know, if you are interested.Best regards.Luis

Guest ps76

Hi,Thanks for the help guysHave tried running the scenery in fs2004 - I get airport buildings and a runway showing up but none of the ground bitmaps or mesh comes up and the airport is a little away from the default start position..Would definitely be interested if a kinda updated adapted version was uploaded though :):)Have currently downloaded a different fs2002 scenery also available here. No custom bitmaps etc. but I guess it lets me try the approach pretty nicely at least (first attempt was last night and I bounced the aircraft, overran the runway and almost ended up in the sea..:))Thanks again and hoping I'll be able to fly the scenery one day..Pierre