Sign in to follow this  
arno

Road Textures - Always Default?

I use AutoASM to create roads, etc in FS2004. Unfortunately, the road texture is always shown as the default texture in areas that I have processed. Outside of those areas the "improved" replacement textures appear as expected. Is there a problem when creating VTP roads that always regress to the default value??? I have no idea where FS2004 gets the default texture since I have installed replacement textures that work?????Thanks,Dick Boley @KLBE

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Have you maybe used a different type for the roads you placed yourself? If you look in the terraintextures.cfg file of FS you will see that there are a lot of road types and each is linked to a certain texture.

Thanks for the tip.. I has used the Terrain.cfg awhile ago to reduce the 10meter depth of streams to 3meters. Anyhow, it forced me to examine in detail the use of the road/hiway textures. It seems that AuroASM uses the hiwayAsu.bgl and roadsAsu.bgl instead of the normal "su" bgls. Do you, or anyone, know the purpose of the BGLs with the Capital A in the file name?Dick Boley @KLBE

No, I have no idea. I looked at the files and they look completely the same to me. I think this is already for a future feature of FS, where we can see more difference in the roads. But at this moment I can see no difference between the two textures.