Sign in to follow this  
Guest pault

FSSD?

Guest pault

Hi all.Is there such a scenery design program called FSSD?If so, where can I find it?Many Thanks.

Or FSDS at www.abacuspub.com, it's a commercial 3D object designer where the other programs suggested here are to make the airport layout. If you are working for Fs2004 GMax might be a better choice to learn though.

Arno

If the world should blow itself up, the last audible voice would be that of an expert saying it can't be done.

FSDeveloper.com | Former Microsoft FS MVP | Blog

Guest pault

So, does this mean that there is no such program called FSSD?I've designing for a while now, mainly using gmax with a bit of FSSC, but someone had mentioned FSSD yet I can't find any trace of any such program.Thanks chaps.

I guess FSDS is meant then, but what is that program FSSD supposed to do then (what should you be able to design with it?).

Arno

If the world should blow itself up, the last audible voice would be that of an expert saying it can't be done.

Guest pault

Ground scenery I think. I guess it was just a typo and they either meant FSSC or FSDS. I've just been searching for a mystery program for a while tho - doh!Whilst this thread is active, I do have a question regarding FSSC. I was using this to create an invisible runway as I just wanted the night lights. Now it all works fine except that one end of the runway has a displaced threshold and the markings for this show up whilst everything else remains invisibe, which is slightly annoying. Any idea how to get rid of them?Cheers.

I have come across that problem as well, I think it is not possible to solve it. The displaced threshold marking just always shows.The only alternative would be to design all the runway lights yourself as well, but that is obviously a lot of work.

Arno

Guest pault

Hmm, I was fearing that. Ah well. Thanks all.