Sign in to follow this  
Guest nickw

Effects in my Gmax file with AttachTool

I am using the AttachTool to put some effects in my Gmax's file as well as it's in the Gmax's SDK tutorial.The file is exporting without error and bglcomp is compiling the file also.In fs the object with the atach effect is not appearing as expected, but the effect not appear :-(Someone has a ideia of that it can be wrong?Thanks!_____________________________Fernando Marcatomarcato@pstair.com.brICQ#4947332

Hi Fernando.Perhaps Arno can also help here. I recall if you have excluded scenery, then try to show an effect over that excluded rectangle, the effect will not show... even though an object it's attached to will show.If your have made such an exclude, that would be the problem. Instead of making one large exclude to get rid of objects, try to code many tiny excludes that take out the refpoints of each object separately. Then your effect's refpoint will probably not fall within any of those tiny exclude rectangles.Dick

Yes, Dick is correct here.And I have also seen that if I place my attachpoint far from the visual part of my scenery it will not work properly. So you effect should be attached close to the visual scenery.

Arno

If the world should blow itself up, the last audible voice would be that of an expert saying it can't be done.

FSDeveloper.com | Former Microsoft FS MVP | Blog

>Hi Fernando.Hi Dick!>Perhaps Arno can also help here. I recall if you have excluded>scenery, then try to show an effect over that excluded>rectangle, the effect will not show... even though an object>it's attached to will show.>If your have made such an exclude, that would be the problem.I have one made by xml.I removed it, but the effect still not working :-(>Instead of making one large exclude to get rid of objects, try>to code many tiny excludes that take out the refpoints of each>object separately. Then your effect's refpoint will probably>not fall within any of those tiny exclude rectangles.Thanks for the tip! As so that's works I'll do it._____________________________Fernando Marcatomarcato@pstair.com.brICQ#4947332

Hi Arno!>And I have also seen that if I place my attachpoint far from>the visual part of my scenery it will not work properly. So>you effect should be attached close to the visual scenery.What you mean far from the visual part of the scenery?_____________________________Fernando Marcatomarcato@pstair.com.brICQ#4947332

I mean the rest of your GMax scene, so the parts that are visible (the box you use for the effect is not visual, as it is replaced by the effect).

Arno

If the world should blow itself up, the last audible voice would be that of an expert saying it can't be done.

FSDeveloper.com | Former Microsoft FS MVP | Blog

I Got it!I was a "lost" Excluder in my xml file!Now I have a other trouble.I use a land light effect (fx_landing.fx) in a light pole.The effect in the lamp it's ok but the ground it's not illuminating.What's can be wrong now?_____________________________Fernando Marcatomarcato@pstair.com.brICQ#4947332

Guest nickw

This is catching a lot of people out.You must make sure that your exclude does NOT exclude LibraryObjects. The problem is as follows:The attachtool makes the effect "part of the library objects". You have two choices.Place the effect seperately using XML with your main object. Or second, do not exclude the library objects.More info on this post:http://scenerydesign.agerrius.nl/forum/sho...p=1000#post1000