Sign in to follow this  
Shaka

Default Library Objects don't show up

Hello,I think I can remember some discussion about this topic but I wasn't able to find it again. Sorry, if I repeat that question here:The problem is that I positioned a lot of objects out of the default FS2004-library using XML without any problems yet.But it seems that it isn't possible to insert some NY-Objects like the Statue of Liberty and the Rollercoaster in custom sceneries. BGLcomp compiles it without complaining but these objects just don't show up in FS.To be sure that there is no mistake in the XML-Code I changed the Statue of Liberty GUID to the GUID of one of the lighthouses in the library. That worked, but I wonder why the same thing is not working with the other objects describes above.Sasa

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Some of those objects are "hard-wired" to a specific geographical location. I'm not sure why this is, but I think it may be some sort of optimization on the part of MS. I believe that Arno or Dick had managed to reverse-engineer the library files in order to place these objects, but you would have to search the forum for that. I remember thinking it was more trouble than it was worth, and that most people wouldn't want to bother - it was more of an interesting exercise to follow along.- Martin