Sign in to follow this  
rhumbaflappy

BGLComp problem

Hey guys, finally starting to get GMAX down and now I am trying to get my scenery to export into FS. I have read the scenery SDK and have all the plugins, installed a fresh version of BGLComp (used it before with cellgrid and the Coastline editor) and have the MDL file and the XML file I created in the same folder as BGLComp, yet when I drop it into the BGLComp.EXE I get the quick DOS window, but no BGL. I can complie the sample ones included, but not mine. I checked it against the example in the SDK and they match, except for my object data. Any ideas what I am missing?Regards, MichaelKDFWhttp://www.calvirair.com/mcpics/PBTMCa.jpgCalVirAir International VACalVirAir International

Best, Michael

KDFW

Guest Firestriker

Michael,You might be better off opening a command prompt window in the directory you are trying to compile in. Then use a command like:BGLComp.exe myscenery.xmlreplacing myscenery.xml of course with the actual name of your xml file. The command prompt window should stay open till you manually close it. This will give you the opportunity to see what is going on better than using the drag-n-drop method. If there is a problem, it should be displayed in the command window.Lou

Hi Michael."installed a fresh version of BGLComp (used it before with cellgrid and the Coastline editor) "What you installed was BGLC.exe... not BGLComp.exe. They are not the same compiler at all.Microsoft has a BGLComp SDK for FS9:http://www.microsoft.com/games/flightsimul...ads_sdk.asp#bglYou also will need to install msxml ( Version 4 ):http://download.microsoft.com/download/9/6...1629c/msxml.msi=============Drag'n'drop your XML file onto the BGLComp.exe icon, or use a command line if problems develop.Dick

Guest shep9999

I had this problem today with the quicky dos screen.tried everything and found that I had all the correct filesmsxml 4.0 etc.. Turned out that I'd downloaded a security patch earlier this year and ms have done a quick fix to make msxml work again!!!.now happily putting stuff all over the place using xml..if none of the above work then uninstall 4.0/3.0 , download a fresh version and the patch from ms download site.gaz:-beerchug