Sign in to follow this  
arno

CAT updated

Hi all,I have been a bit quiet here last week, but that was because I was working hard on CAT (and away from broadband actually).So here is the good news, CAT v0.90 is available and it does support reading the Fs2004 ASM files. So you can once again add conditions to your animations. For more details check my CAT forum:http://scenerydesign.agerrius.nl/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=15Or the direct link for more information on this new version:http://scenerydesign.agerrius.nl/forum/showthread.php?t=316And to download it:http://scenerydesign.agerrius.nl/forum/showthread.php?t=25For those of you not familiar with CAT, it stands for Conditional Animation Tool and it allows you to add triggers and conditions to the GMax animations that would else run endlessly. So you can for example open your hangar doors by selecting a frequency or show a different animation based on the plane type.

Arno

If the world should blow itself up, the last audible voice would be that of an expert saying it can't be done.

FSDeveloper.com | Former Microsoft FS MVP | Blog

A new version is available on my website now. The last beta version still had a lot of trouble with complex animation, but that should all be solved now.You can still find CAT at the links given above.

Arno

If the world should blow itself up, the last audible voice would be that of an expert saying it can't be done.

Sounds interesting Arno. Will have to try it out. Any issues with frame rates?Shez

Shez Ansari

Windows 11; CPU: Intel Core i7-8700K; GPU: EVGA GEFORCE GTX 1080Ti 11GB; MB: Gigabyte Z370 AORUS Gaming 5; RAM: 16GB; HD: Samsung 960 Pro 512GB SSD, Samsung 850 Pro 256GB SSD; Display: ASUS 4K 28", Asus UHD 26"

Hi Shez,At this moment I have not found serious framerate trouble. It does not display more then the object you made in GMax, it only contains some additional checking to use the correct table. So I think compared to the object as made in GMax there will not be a big framerate difference.

Arno