Sign in to follow this  
Guest GCBarni

Excluding or Removing Autogen Trees

Hello again, folks...I have another vexing problem that I can't seem to figure a way out of just yet.I am reworking an airport in New Hampshire (NH69). It required me to move it to it's proper location (sync up with USARoads). I then added in a network of grass taxiways, just as it has in real life. My problem is autogen trees...I created a new background matte VTP2 polygon for the runway area - the texture I selected does NOT have any autogen assigned to it, and I have a clear runway. The texture I would like to use for the area near the taxiways, however, does have autogen - and the trees are growing in the center of some taxiways. I would strongly like to use this ground texture due to it's dark, forest color - all the textures without any autogen are too light.Do I have any other options besides using a non-autogen texture? Can I use a forest ground texture and somehow NOT claim autogen?My plans include creating some buildings and using Gerrish's trees to enhance spot areas, so a big massive exclude wouldn't be good - I don't think, anyway.Your input is, as always, GREATLY appreciated!-Greg

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Hi Greg,you can pick a single texture (one for each season) from the landclass you like and rename it as a custom texture. Then draw your polygons and use those texture names instead of landclass.To locate the textures among the many in the FS9SceneryWorldTexture folder you can use Martin Wright's TView utility, which allows you to preview DXT1 textures in large groups.Cheers, Holger

You don't say which program(s) you're using for your project, but using AFW I have employed "invisible" runways of appropriate size to suppress autogen trees. This will not affect the landclass textures ..... as long as elevation values for the runway(s) are consistant with the surrounding elevation; different values can mean holes or mountains depending upon the discrepancy!