Sign in to follow this  
Guest GCBarni

Airport signs, How to make new and erase old?

Guest vl11

I want to make new taxiway signs in an aiport, deleting the old ones. to delete them i make an exclude switch, BUT it also prevents new signs from showing up.How could i make the new ones show up?Thank you

I recommend using SceneGenX - http://www.airportforwindows.com/ since it allows you to make an Exclude and add taxiway signs in the same compiled *.bgl. If you want to use separate programs, such as Excbuilderv2.zip and Creatsign*.zip, that is your choice but you will have to ensure the exclude bgl is lower in priority than the signs bgl. It may be a problem if your exclude bgl and sign bgl are on the same priority level but in different files.W. Sieffert

Guest GCBarni

I just happen to be working on a project today that entails the removal of the default signs. And this is not the first instance of such removal wherein I find that pinging on one particular sign removes all of them. Its as if I find the one which includes the referrence point for the rest of the signs. I have also been able to include the newly generated *.bgl file with _my_ version of signs, done with 'Creatsign', by the way, within the same folder as the exclude file created above.I have always had luck whereby excludes and newly generated scenery files share the same folder without worrying about priorities or levels; however, it must be stated that I create separate folder systems for my sceneries and they are set higher than the defaults.

>And this is not the first>instance of such removal wherein I find that pinging on one>particular sign removes all of them. Its as if I find the one>which includes the referrence point for the rest of the signs.Yes, when you exclude the reference point of the airport all taxi signs will be excluded as well. So this is probably what you are seeing.

Arno

If the world should blow itself up, the last audible voice would be that of an expert saying it can't be done.

FSDeveloper.com | Former Microsoft FS MVP | Blog

Guest GCBarni

>Yes, when you exclude the reference point of the airport all taxi >signs >will be excluded as well. So this is probably what you are seeing.Quite correct, Arno......but I was only excluding a(one) taxi sign...[grin].However, to add to this discussion, as it turns out after further experimenting, I went to exclude the control tower without excluding anything else(past exclude files were discarded) and the result was exclusion of the entire airport! Just as you mention above! But,it also prevented _my_ newly created airfield from appearing! I had not encountered this before.Thinking that the 'new' referrence point was being affected by the single exclude file(as you mention above), I shrunk the parameters of the exclude file and.. voila!...the default airport was indeed gone and mine sat there in all its wonder!!The original tower is a bit of a distance from the original taxi sign that I had been playing with, but I must have gotten the last exclude parameters at an optimal setting in order to reach the final result. Prior to this experiment, I had been excluding individual objects in an effort to "save" certain default items but then changed my mind and decided that excluding the whole airport would be better since relocation is also part of the project process. Thus having made the discovery of the single exclude was rather timely!I suspect that I may have just gotten lucky; more experimenting would need to be done with respect to different airport layout configurations.