Sign in to follow this  
bob.bernstein

HELP GUYS ! Gmax problem - Newbie question...

Guest rsbessa

Hi !Well, i'm building (GMAX) some landmarks of my city to FS...Now i'm doing a tower and the problem is: The inside part of each side is transparent, why ? The outside part is just fine - as in the screenshot.Guys, please, help me !

Hola Rafael,This happens because the outside of the object has a material (a texture, I suppose) assigned to it, but not the inside of the object.To solve this problem, you should declare your material as "double-sided". Just add the following prefix to the material name: DS_For more information on gMax material names, please see the Microsoft MakeMDL S.D.K.Best regards.Luis

Hi there, you may need to create interior polygons depending on how you made your model. I can't really tell from the picture.When you model a box in gmax, only polygons exist facing outward. If your model is such that you allow a view of the "inner facing" faces of the box, it will look transparent...those polygons simply aren't there.If this is your problem, one way to get interior facing polygons is to clone your model using "edit/clone", and then put a "normal" modifier on the stack for the clone. in the drop down for the normal modifier, click on flip normals.Now you should see polygons on both sides of the model.Bob Bernstein