Sign in to follow this  
Guest jimkeir

Flatten Questions

As I have mentioned previous, I am a newbie terrain designer! I was looking at FL926210.BGL with LWMViewer and exported the file with LWMViewer and disassembled it with BGLAnalyzer and got two different results.BGLAnalyzer indicates the flattens are LWMPoly2(s) and the LWMViewer export indicates the flattens are LWMPoly3(s). I believe I can rectify that since BGLAnalyzer was written for FS2002 and not FS2004, where I believe the LWMPoly3 came about.The second area has me confused. It seems LWMViewer export is saying all the flattens are water if I am interpreting TDFMacro.inc correctly. Below is a portion of TDFMacro.inc and a portion of the LWMViewer export:; --------------------------------------------------------------------------------LWMPoly3 Macro PointCount, Reserved, Attrib, HeightBottom, FractionBottom, HeightTop, FractionTop; Used in version 300h for FS9; BYTE bPointCount:6 ; // Up to 62 points; BYTE bReserved:1 ; // Must be 0; BYTE bAttrib:1 ; // Polygon fill attribute, 0 = water, 1 = land BYTE ( Attrib * 80h ) + ( Reserved * 40h ) + PointCount SWORD HeightBottom ; // Whole elevation value in meters BYTE FractionBottom ; // Fractional elevation value in 1/128 meters SWORD HeightTop ; // Whole elevation value in meters BYTE FractionTop ; // Fractional elevation value in 1/128 metersEndM; -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- LWMDataAreaDrawPolygons 1,_Flatten_,1,15,25 LWMPoly3 8, 0, _Water_, 3, 6, 3, 6 ; N29* 58.24', W81* 19.69' LWMPoint3 255, 79, 0 LWMPoint3 255, 130, 0 LWMPoint3 223, 183, 0 LWMPoint3 136, 114, 0 LWMPoint3 18, 182, 0 LWMPoint3 1, 148, 0 LWMPoint3 1, 1, 0 LWMPoint3 164, 1, 0 LWMDataAreaDrawPolygons 1,_Flatten_,1,16,25Am I just reading this wrong?W. Sieffert

Guest jimkeir

Hi.I think the FL export should be OK. The initial LWMDataAreaDrawPolygons specifies that the following polys are _Flatten_s. The _Water_ in the LWMPoly3 instruction, if you look at the top of the file, just translates to '0'.I'll check this out tonight just to make sure. The easiest way for you to check is to recompile the source and load it again. If it's taken as a flatten, LWMViewer will show the polys in red.Regards,Jim Keir