Sign in to follow this  
Guest rellek01

PhotoCalc

Hi all.I've spent an afternoon developing another small tool. PhotoCalc will help you figure out the download extents needed for photoreal images to cover a desired area. It will also give the safe extents for the INF file's "UseSourceDimensions = 0" and the bounding lat-long numbers.It's a beta. http://webpages.charter.net/ludowr/PhotoCalc.ziphttp://forums.avsim.net/user_files/97352.jpgDick

Thanks very much, Dick, for this extremely useful utility. It is surprising to see the large differences between the various versions of Resample.Best regards.Luis

Hi Luis.FS2000 resample trims the end result to the next "tighter" LOD13. FS2002 and FS2004 resample expands the end result.Another huge difference is the time the resampling takes. FS2000 resample is much quicker.. at least on my PC.I'm still playing with this, and will make some changes.The main reason for the utility is to provide a safe extent for the download... being a bit generous. When you make your Selected Extents, the download lat-long needs to be extended to include the entire LOD13 Areas it touches, and a bit more for certainty. This utility does just that, expanding the size to 1/2 LOD13 beyond the used LOD13, each way.One other thing I have noted is the difficulty in obtaining images, from the internet, trimmed to the extents asked. The downloads always seem a bit more, or less, than what is requested. So, unfortunately, we still need to calculate the actual extents of what we downloaded... because many times it is not what we thought we downloaded! Usually, these downloads give us a supporting file that has the cell span, and the actual NW corner. Sometimes, this NW corner is actually the center of the pixel, so the actual NW edge needs to be calculated 1/2 cell-span to the NW ( and 1/2 span to the SE ).?I may include another function to calculate the exact SE corner from this info.With more people trying their hand at photoreal, this may be of some help.Dick

Guest rellek01

Thank You, the world would not be the same were it not for for the insightful, generous, dedication of a few.You da man!Rellek