Sign in to follow this  
Gridley

New version of AutoAsm released

Guest cwright

Hello all, after a long delay caused by a serious family illness I've finally got around to the new release. Since the last full release at the end of last year there are many new features, though they were included in the temporary updates. Since the last update there is one major new feature: the ability to 'paint' landclass over the LWM/VTP bitmap. The manual contains a number of detailed tutorials. The last tutorial allows you to build an imaginary island with coastlines, lakes, roads, towns - and a volcano! This screenshot illustrates objects automatically aligned with roads, in this case FS2000-style buildings that create a small town. Unlike normal autogen, the buildings are aligned with real roads. http://www.kline.demon.co.uk/AA1.jpg This screenshot illustrates the ability to automatically convert roads that cross water to VTP bridges. http://www.kline.demon.co.uk/AA3.jpg You can get it at http://www.kline.demon.co.uk/autoasm.zip Have fun. Best regards, Chris

Hello Chris,I hope that everything has turned out well in the end. Anyway, it is good to see you back here.Thanks for the new version of AutoAsm. These improvements look to be just great. The buildings along roads will make it so easy to represent small villages, and that bridge automation is a real time-saver.Best regards.Luis

Guest abent

This is fantastic! Would it work with say Joel's Canadian roads?I agree that this will improve the look of towns immeasureably.Thanks!Adam

Guest cwright

Luis, many thanks for the kind thoughts. My mother has improved remarkably, but she is 95.... I'm glad you like those features. I'll probably take another look at them to see if I can make a few improvements. Best regards, Chris

Guest cwright

Adam, I'm glad you like this feature. It does have a lot of possibilities. For example, it works very well with Gerrish Gray's excellent treees. To add objects to existing sceneries you would need some of the input data. More specifically, you would need suitable bitmaps with the roads represented by lines. If the data used by Joel is available then the bitmaps could probably be generated. For example, if the data were available in Polish format then AutoAsm could read it in. Best regards, Chris

Guest jgill

Adam,all bridges files can be easily identify. They have all BR in the .BGL name. I have done some test a month ago, but with poor results.Will try new possibility with Chris newer version (thanks Chris).Joel GillAuthor of Canada Roads System

Thanks a ton, Chris! I'm going to revisit my attempts a making lakes with this version...I'll get back to you!sg

I7-7700k@4.7ghz | 32gb RAM | EVGA GTX1080 8gb | Mostly P3Dv5 (also IL2:BoX, DCS, XP11)