Sign in to follow this  
jonpatch

Gmax model libraries

Folks, I often see API macros for various scenery objects, but rarely do I see gmax models. Is there much exchange of such? I'm looking for vehicles, small potted trees, park benches, light standards, misc stuff which I can texture myself.Jon

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Hi Jon....they are becoming more and more numerous. I am designing all of my stuff in GMAX now and have begun redesigning some of Frank Betts macros over to GMAX and producing xml mdls for the new BGLComp SDK. All of my files also include the source GMAX file so you can change or alter as you may need.You can search here at AVSIM for the latest projects that I have done - search under Scenery Design under FS2004 by my name - Todd Lucas.You can also get some of my stuff over at my club website:http://www.margaritaair.com Look under Downloads and Scenery Design from the nav bar at the top of the page.

Yes, since Rwy12 is there you see more and more libraries in the new Fs2004 format appearing.Most designers don't share their GMax source files with it, but that did not happen with the old API macors aswell.