Sign in to follow this  
Guest bones

Excluding FS9 airfields

Guest bones

Apologies if this topic has been done to death but I have a strange problem.When I ported my FS2002 scenery into FS9 I wrote an exclude to remove the default airfield. This was a standard SCASM GenExcl file - and it works just fine.The problem is that I can't recall how I did it and I lost the source file some time ago in a HD crash. I've tried decompiling the file with BGLAnalyse and it shows ordinary code - Header( 1 N54:06:00.00 N54:04:00.00 W004:35:00.00 W004:39:00.00 )LatRange( N54:04:00.00 N54:06:00.00 ); since SCASM does not support multiple latitude ranges; the range has been set to the minimum/maximum latitude.; LatRange information in the BGL file is given as comment.; If you want to use band separation, you must edit; the source file manually.; Insert the "Set( FSVers 0x800 )" instruction at the beginning; of the file, if you want to use the FS2002 instructions; for the facilities sectionmif( [$Version < 285] ) Error( You need at least SCASM version 2.85 to compile this code )mifend; ----------------------------------------; Exclude section; ----------------------------------------GenExcl( Gen_exc0.bgl F N54:06:00.00 N54:04:00.00 W004:35:00.00 W004:39:00.00 N54:06:00.00 N54:04:00.00 W004:35:00.00 W004:39:00.00 ); ----------------------------------------; end of SCASM sourceHowever, if I then recompile this code with SCASM and try it in FS9 it doesn't work. Put the old file back and it is fine.The only clue I have is that the original file is 148 bytes and the new one is 161 bytes.Is there another tool I can use other than BGLAnalyse? I tried SCDIS but that doesn't extract useful data.I have also tried EXC_Builder but that only removes surface objects - not the whole airfield.boneshttp://fsaviation.nethttp://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/forum/ng_driver.jpg

Hello John,There might be an easier way to exclude an airport than decompiling the file.Perhaps you could open the default airport using AFCAD, and note the reference coordinates.Then, using ExcBuilder, insert bounding coordinates that are slightly larger than the airport coordinates, and this should remove the entire airport.By the way, that Hunter is wild!Best regards.Luis

Yes, Luis is right, ExcBuilder should remove the entire airport. Only the VTP polygon will remain, as you need a special VTP exclude for that (but the SCASM exclude does not remove the grass either).Your SCASM code for the exclude does looks correct btw. Are you sure you placed the correct BGL in the scenery folder? When you compile this SCASM code an additional BGL is created for the exclude(s).

Arno

If the world should blow itself up, the last audible voice would be that of an expert saying it can't be done.

FSDeveloper.com | Former Microsoft FS MVP | Blog

Guest bones

Sorry for the slow reply folks - I got diverted onto another job.The original exclude I made works fine in FS9 and does indeed remove the whole airfield (less the VTP poly). The poly isn't a problem because it's covered by photo textures. The adjacent coastline was completely wrong and so this was also remodelled in CLM and I finally used a flatten command to lower the orignal airfield by 20ft. A complex project but it worked out nice..The only reason I tried to amend the original exclude is because I found it was stopping the navaids within the area (NDB and ILS data) being read by FSNav although they are fine in FS9. My thought was to change the F flag to 1 and see if it would work. It didn't - but then I found any new exclude I try to make also fails. I must be doing something wrong..I might try EXC_Builder again - it migt be sensible to replace all the old SCASM files with XML..Luis - the Hunter is great isn't it! The FS repaint is spot on to the real aircraft too..boneshttp://fsaviation.nethttp://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/forum/ng_driver.jpg