Sign in to follow this  
arno

Custom Airport Ground Textures

Guest VulcanB2

Hi,I can't figure out at all how you add a custom airport texture, and I've spent hours reading through the SDKs, and it still doesn't make any sense!! I've figured out how to flatten (at last!!), and how to add my own entry into the scenery.cfg file (this is where I place the flatten option). That was an FS2k (not 2k2 or 2k4!) scenery design technique that still works it seems!Anyone a basic .xml excerpt that will place a custom texture?Many thanks in advance!!Best regards,Vulcan.

Hi Vulcan.If you mean the airport background texture, that is a VTP2 poly. And the default method to make a flatten for an airport is to use an LWM elevational poly.Both these poly types can be made with a variety of programs, SBuilder, Ground2K4, even Airport for Windows in it's latest version.Dick

Guest VulcanB2

Hi,I was wondering if there was any way I could reference a texture file in XML, but evidently not. OK!Best regards,Vulcan.

Nope, the XML does not allow you to define the terrain. That is done with mesh techniques. XML is only used to define airports (runways, taxiways) and place objects.

Arno

If the world should blow itself up, the last audible voice would be that of an expert saying it can't be done.

FSDeveloper.com | Former Microsoft FS MVP | Blog