Sign in to follow this  
Holger

FS9 crashs when loading my scenery!

I just started making my first scenery ever. It's a seaplane base, and I've only placed the runway yet. But when I tried starting FS9 at my airport, it chrashed. I tried starting at a nearby airport, but when I got close, FS crashed. Do I have to do something special in order to be able to make a runway in the water? I just placed it out in water, and set the surface to "Water", and added "W" after the runway designators. Anyone who know what the problem is?

Howdy,did you add any start position/gates with duplicate numbers or without connecting them to the water runway? That would lead to crashes. Also, did you check your AFCAD with the fault finder option?Cheers, Holger

Now it works, thanks! It may have been that I had put some nodes that weren't connected to anything, I put them out and used them to see the shoreline. It may also have been that I was missing som startpositions, I added a GA-parking and made a taxiway.A new problem arose, the taxiway has a different water-color than the lake and the runway, it's much darker than the rest. Any idea on how i fix this?

Howdy,are you trying to make a seaplane base for AI floatplanes? If so you might want to download my ai_float.zip here at the library as it contains the necessary information.Most people that model seaplane bases limit their AFCAD files to the runway (for reference in navigational software and the map/GPS view) and a start location or two at the dock. That's because most real-world SPBs don't have fixed taxiways anyway - hard to find in the water ;-)If you do want to add taxiways etc. you can make them invisible by reducing their width to 1 ft; more in the docs for ai_float.zip and also in this current thread: http://portal.fsgenesis.net/index.php?name...der=asc&start=0Cheers, Holger