Sign in to follow this  
Guest pecrowther

Making Moveable Animated Objects

Guest pecrowther

If I create an animated object using FSDS, such as a waving flag, is there a way to compile the object so that users can decide where they want to put it?For example, if I compile the object as an API, people can use a program like FSSC to place it. However, an API object cannot be animated (at least not as far as I know).If I compile the object as a BGL, the animation will be preserved, but people cannot change the location of the object.It looks like XML may provide a solution, but FSDS does not offer the option to compile the object into XML.Help?Phil

Hi Phil,I think Pascal is correct. The animations should also work fine if you export as an API.Using XML is no option, as your object needs to be exported in the Fs2004 RIFF format than and FSDS does not support that.

Arno

If the world should blow itself up, the last audible voice would be that of an expert saying it can't be done.

FSDeveloper.com | Former Microsoft FS MVP | Blog

Guest pecrowther

I guess I'll give it another try. I use FSSC to place the APIs. It seemed that FSSC gave error messages when I tried to place an animated API. But perhaps that was only certain kinds of animations. (Or perhaps it is a limitation of FSSC.)Thanks,Phil

It could be that your FSSC still has an very old version of SCASM installed, that does not know the commands used for the Fs2002 animations as FSDS uses them. So try to install the latest SCASM.

Arno

If the world should blow itself up, the last audible voice would be that of an expert saying it can't be done.

Guest pecrowther

I just installed SCASM v2.96 and I am getting the same error messages.I am using FSDS to create and compile the flage to an API. The flag uses 7 AnimateTimed[6,100] parts.The API clearly appears to provide for animation and contains the following sequence:* * *; Part: AnimateTimed[6,100]:Part000001Jump( :Draw000 ); Animation Motion Table:MotionTbl000Dwx( 0001 )* * *However, when I place the object using FSSC and compile, I get 14 error messages (one for each segment of the flag). Here is the first one:Error in macro file C:PROGRA~1LEUNGS~1FSSCEN~1MyMacrosWAVING~3.API line 490 -> Interpolate( :[0] 05FC 0 0312 1 018C ) -> invalid operator .. C ) ..Error in macro file C:PROGRA~1LEUNGS~1FSSCEN~1MyMacrosWAVING~3.API line 491 -> Interpolate( :[0] 0312 0 0312 1 02D6 ) -> invalid operator .. D6 ) ..I assumed that this was because FSSC doesn't handle animated macros. But, it would be great if I were wrong.What about your object placer utility? Will that place API/BGL objects?Thanks,Phil

Hi Phil,Yes, my old ObPlacer can place API macros.But I think this is not a FSSC related problem, SCASM just can't compile your macro. I have the idea that the code is wrong. Could you try to add 0x in front of the 018C. Because it does not seem to recognise them as hexadecimal parameters.

Arno

Guest pecrowther

Looks like adding the 0x to the "translate" numbers did the trick! Thanks!Phil

Guest pecrowther

A follow-up in case anyone finds this topic in a search:1. I meant to say adding 0x to the "interpolate" numbers.2. You have to add 0x to all three hex numbers in each line, not just the last hex number. Otherwise, the movement will be off.Phil