Sign in to follow this  
Voyager30

Best practise when crating small airports ?

Hi Folks.I would be pleased to get some input in this question.I have started up a small?? project where I will try to recreate my own home airfield (ESGE, Sweden), In the sim this is no more than a concrete runway in the woods.In real this airport consists of two aprons, two taxiways, some hangars, club houses, fuel facility, two carparks, connection roads and a grass strip located along the pawed runway.What is the best way to create this small airport ? The total scenery will cover a square about 1500 x 300 meters wide.Is the best way to create the whole airport as one "big" file, will use GMax, or is it better to model the different object one by one and put them together with another program as Airport for windows or FSSC ?Thanks in advance for your helpRegards

Hi,In general it is not adviced to put everything in one big GMax scene. So if you are working for Fs2004 I would advice you to make the building seperate in GMax and then place them with some XML code.For the design of the airport you could use AFCAD or SceneGenX. The last also allows object placement, but I find the interface of AFCAD slightly better. So my choice is to use AFCAD together with an object placer to place your GMax objects (Rwy12 or ObPlacer XML for example).

Arno

If the world should blow itself up, the last audible voice would be that of an expert saying it can't be done.

FSDeveloper.com | Former Microsoft FS MVP | Blog

Hey!Nice to hear!Something to remember for the project:Don't foget the hangers.The nice Club house.The hanger that is about to be finished (and has been for a couple of years)And the dysfunctional neibourghs around the area ;-)Give me a call!I'm about to plunge into a major project around that area.Oh, by the way! It's the field where I fly./Bqt

Hi ArnoThx for the fast reply, as i thought is your recomendation in line with my own thoughts.But instead of rushing ahead and end up with a project that needs to bee redone, so why not ask... That hours of work will bee needed anyway.So lets start modelling...Regards