Sign in to follow this  
Guest Lurch16th

Water Maskfails to show

I don't suppose someone can answer this problem?I'm using Sbuilder and have posted this over there, but it is probably a common layering problem. I'm new to scenery design.This is with a n aerial photo(Black and White) of an area of land with a river and some islands running north-south through the middle.Compiled with Photo tiles VTP 9: Entire Photo-bitmap, my bridge and house shows up But no river water.Compiled with Photo tiles VTP :8Entire Photo-bitmap, my bridge and house shows up But no river water.Compiled with Photo tiles VTP :7Photo Bitmap shows up along with part of water mask, I made until it reaches area that FS9 considers to be the river. Then the entire FS9 river water mask covers areas of my bitmap that are supposed to be land. My bridges and house still show up.How do i get all of my photo bitmap to show up with ALL of MY water mask?

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Can you describe how you're making the water a bit more? Are you drawing all of the water mask as LWM polygons in SBuilder?

Well, meantime I got everything displayed properly.But, using Sbuilder and not knowing any better, i brought up the aerial photo and the LOD13 grid and started tracing out the edges of the river with the polygon function. Since there were numerous small islands, i ended up with 127 polygons. Selected ALL Polygons, changed them to a water mask.Since FS9 has it's own water mask and shoreline for the river, I -made a large rectangled polygon(set to Land mask alt -9999) to cover the FS9 water mask-made a large rectangled polygon(set exclusion for layer 8) to exclude the FS9 shoreline.Now the river and islands show up where they are supposed to be.I had tried to make an exclusion rectangle to exclude all objects, but that didn't work.