Sign in to follow this  
arno

High Resolution Photo Scenery and Flicker - Help!

Guest luissa

Hi,I am able to create a mesh of triangles and I can project a texture on them. But I am not able to call the triangles so that they cover the mesh and that they are covered by runways.I used LayerCall() and PerspectiveCall() and played with altitudes in all sort of ways. I also tested with TexPoly() and DrawTriList(). Calling the triangles with LayerCall( :label 0 ) I get flicker. Using any number greater than 0 the runway gets covered (even if I set its altitude greater than the altitude of the triangles).The only way that I can see the runway is to use the FS2002 runway command (not the XML runway). In that case it seems I can control the order of the ground polygons through the layer number. But I can not use AFCAD.Any ideas?Luis

Hi Luis,The runway problem is normal. A XML runway will always be covered by ground polygons made with these commands. That is because the 3D objects are always drawn after the XML ground elements (runways, taxiways, etc). So there is no way to fix that.You could try to make a hole in your photo textures on the location of the runway, or you would indeed have to use the old runway command.

Arno

If the world should blow itself up, the last audible voice would be that of an expert saying it can't be done.

FSDeveloper.com | Former Microsoft FS MVP | Blog