Sign in to follow this  
mgh

MDL Commander & MiddleMan

I need help with these. I use these two applications which work perfectly when I export an aircraft model ising FS9.When I try to export a scenery model I get the following screen:http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/116268.jpgWhen I press GO!! I get the next screen:http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/116267.jpgwhich just hangs. It seems to be looking for an .x file.My .par file is:-b-i-in--i8--keep+savexfileI've tried all the obvious things like selecting scenery whewre possible with no success.My .par file's in the folder containing my Gmax file and to which I'm trying to save my .mdl file and I'm using the same name for each.What am I doing wrong?

Humm, no idea. But why are you using these two tools? I never found any purpose for them when working on scenery object.Normally MakeMDL gets the X file from GMax directly. But I have no idea what to do when it stops aksing for the file. Can you not just press start again?

Arno

If the world should blow itself up, the last audible voice would be that of an expert saying it can't be done.

FSDeveloper.com | Former Microsoft FS MVP | Blog

I use them for aircraft because they'll automatically create an interior model. I don't want to have different setups for aircraft and scenery because it involves renaming files.I've pressed Start and it still asks for an .x file.

For the 3rd and last time!!!