Sign in to follow this  
Varmint007

n00b question - DEM data

Hey all,I'm working on a project that might involve editing some scenery, and I haven't done anything but panels and models thus far, so some of this is a bit confusing.I'm trying to import DEM data into SBuilder (should I even be using this app?). The DEM data is available as 10 or 30 meter SDTS which is all straight forward. Where the confusion comes in is that the file extentions for this stuff is .DDF. SBuilder is looking for .HGT, (for later conversion to BSQ). I have not seen antyhing that translates .DDF to .HGT, and renaming the extenstions did not work.What's the procedure to get .DDF (SDTS) DEM data into this damned thing?Also, Although I've read through the FAQ, perhaps things have changed. Is there a new, all encompasing application that works well with FS2004 scenery that is more or less the standard for putting all this together, without having to gather up 10 different applications to get some scenery built?Thanks much in advanceVarm

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Opps, looks like I found the problem. With all the new acronyms it seems I was confusing SDTS with SRTM, lol.Varm

Hi Varm,I think you need to figure out how the SDTS data is stored in the source data you have. Maybe this format can be used in resample or SBuilder as well. There is also a mesh scenery design forum on AvSim, more experts on this subject can be found there :).

Thanks, Arno. I didn't realize there was a more specific forum, so I'll check it out.ThanksVarm