Sign in to follow this  
GHD

Default power pylons.

I am writing a program to assist in placing default pylons by specifying the end points of straight runs.I understand that in order to align the arms of the pylon one needs to add 90 degrees to the heading (of the power line). I have created two L-shaped runs of pylons, East then North and South then West. The first one works fine, but the corner of the second one is wrong. The angles for the first one are 180 for the first leg, 135 for the corner and 90 for the second leg. This displays correctly. The angles for the second one are 270 for the first leg, 225 for the corner and 180 for the second leg. When displayed, the corner pylon is 90 degrees out. I have attached the XML file, can any XML (or default pylon) expert please help me? Georgehttp://forums.avsim.net/user_files/118197.zip

Hello George,I have taken a look at your code and see nothing wrong, although the heading of the objects seems rather strange.Perhaps an image would help to understand the problem?Best regards.Luis

Hi Luis,Thank you for your response.The problem was that I was using a formula to calculate the heading based upon two lat/long pairs. Unfortunately, the formula assumed that longitudinal values were positive in a westerly direction. Having negated my longitudes, the program works fine.The layout of the pylons should have been: - - - - -||||||||||but the corner pylon was oriented /.Best regards,George